SAC Director Resources
Association Management Software Tutorials
SAC Peer Review
SAC Mutual Assistance Program (MAP)
JIRN provides training and technical assistance to SACs through the Mutual Assistance Program (MAP) under a grant from the Bureau of Justice Statistics. SACs may request help on a wide range of topics such as research methodologies, innovative analytical techniques, sentencing guidelines, forecasting, policy impact evaluations, and review of publications.
The MAP was established in 1988 to match Statistical Analysis Centers (SACs) that need assistance with other SACs, JIRN staff, or criminal justice researchers who have expertise in the area of need. This program allows SACs to learn from one another and build state capacity in policy analysis, research, and data development, opening a channel of communication between SACs. For more information please contact Susan Smith Howley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
State Justice Statistics Program (SJS) Solicitation/Application-Related Materials
- FY23 SJS Solicitation Webinar
- FY23 SJS Solicitation Webinar Slides (.pdf)
- Tip Sheet: BJS SAC Grants: Key Distinctions for Core vs. Special-Emphasis Capacity-Building Projects (.pdf)
- SAC SJS Sample Budget (.xlsx)
- SJS Application Best Practices (.pdf)
- 2017 BJS-SJS Progress Report Template (.pdf)
- Final Progress Report for the FY2017 Iowa State Justice Statistics Program (.pdf)