National Institute of Justice
This position is located at the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ), Office of Justice Programs (OJP), National Institute of Justice (NIJ). NIJ provides objective, independent, evidence-based knowledge and tools to meet the challenges of crime and justice, particularly at the state and local levels. The incumbent develops, implements, analyzes, and disseminates a range of extramural and intramural social science research and evaluation projects.
- Performs a variety of analytical research, evaluation, program development, and other tasks in furtherance of the Office of Research, Evaluation, Forensics and Technology (OREFT) program.
- Develops, implements, analyzes, and disseminates a range of extramural and intramural social science research and evaluation projects in furtherance of the OREFT program.
- Serves as a technical expert for a significant segment of a social science focus area or program area.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Subject to background/suitability investigation/determination.
- Federal payments are required to be made by Direct Deposit.
- Requires registration for the Selective Service. Visit www.sss.gov.
- Pre-employment drug testing required.
- 1-year probationary period may be required.
- Confidential Financial Disclosure may be required
- Security Requirements: Non-Sensitive/Moderate Risk
Applications close: November 27, 2023
Salary:$78,592 – $145,617