New York State Youth Justice Institute
The New York State Youth Justice Institute (hereafter the Institute) seeks to hire a Senior Research Associate. The Institute is a collaborative initiative between the University at Albany, the New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services, and the New York State Office of Children and Family Services. Housed at the University, the Institute’s purpose is to ensure that at-risk youth in New York receive the best and most effective services. How to Apply:
This is a full-time position beginning December 2023 or later or later based in Albany, NY, at the NYS Youth Justice Institute. The position will allow for a dynamic experience that offers both breadth and depth in the realm of youth justice research, intervention, and policy work. The Senior Research Associate position will lead impactful research projects and grants, supervise staff and graduate research students, and participate in cross-institutional networking.
- PhD in Criminal Justice, Social Welfare, Sociology, Public Policy, or a related field, plus a minimum of five years of relevant full-time professional experience.
- Demonstrated research record on topics in the field of juvenile justice and emerging adulthood research and policy in the United States, with an emphasis on youth violence prevention and/or participatory research with justice-involved individuals.
- Applicants must address in their application materials their knowledge of best practice literature, evidence-based programming, implementation science, and data narrative.
- Demonstrated experience in grant writing and/or record of extramural funding.
- Demonstrated ability to respond effectively to multiple assignments and priorities supporting multiple projects and activities.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, oral and written communication skills, and advanced interpersonal and relationship-building skills working in a team environment.
- Experience working with web-based survey tools (e.g., Qualtrics, SurveyMonkey), virtual conference applications (e.g., Zoom, Webex, Microsoft Teams), data analysis (Stata, SPSS, NVivo), or visualization software (e.g., Tableau).
- Applicants must demonstrate an ability to develop inclusive and equitable relationships within our diverse campus community.
- Applicants must demonstrate an ability to support diversity, equity, access, inclusion, and belonging relative to their role.?
- Demonstrated experience:
- Conducting evaluation research, particularly in New York State
- Working in or with government agencies and/or the non-profit sector.
- Strong commitment to social justice and demonstrated research record focused on equity in the areas of race, gender, and/or SOGIE (sexual orientation, gender identity, and expression).
Applications close: Open Until Filled
Salary: Starting at $115,000